Rebuild, Repair, Rehabilitate, and Recondition Existing
|Power Systems Change With Time...
Onsite reconditioning is a relatively inexpensive method of preventing
an unscheduled costly outage. This can be done with a minimum or
even no outage time (depending on the circumstance). Items such
- Recalibrating or replacing protective devices
- Replacing decaying insulation systems
- Repairing or adjusting circuit interrupting devices
- General rehabilitation
Are far less costly and time consuming than entire replacement
or unscheduled outage problems.
The decline of switchgear performance can be attributed to:
- Increased short circuit availability
- Changes in environment
- General insulation deterioration
- Changes in loading
- Aging of components
- Natural wear and tear
These will ultimately cause failures with serious loss of production
or provide unsafe working conditions.